This program makes the configuration and utilization of multiple connection to remote desktops easy. It's a rdesktop and tightvnc wrapper. You can configure almost all rdesktop parameters and copy/paste/rename connections. Stores password safely on kwallet. Save sessions and restore them with a simple menu click.
Added support for templates creation, added support for remote config files retrieved with scp. Loads at runtime keymaps. Added support for quick connections.
- Why this project: I'm a window clusters administrator, so I need a lot of similar RDP connections open simultaneously. I need to define some connection parameters of rdesktop no other UI give me. I need use local printers, shares and serial ports from RDP connection. I think a lot of people need the same things.
- Why open source: I think someone interested can give me some help inserting USEFUL functions. I believe in innovative power of opensource.
- What this software is: A wrapper of rdesktop and vnc with connections management facilities.
- This software aims to be simple and fast. In a wordUsable
It permits to create connections defining almost all rdesktop and tightvncviewer parameters, in particular:Rdesktop
- choosing printers to share from printers available in the system
- choosing serial ports to share with connection (specifying device file)
- choosing folders to share with connection
- start session using single remote application like shell
- creates a simple editable configuration file containing connections configuration
- fast connection launching and printing error reporting
- choosing encodings to use for connections (vnc only)
- choosing compression and quality level
- Set connection window dimensions with a slidebar, selecting custom values or setting fullscreen
- Tray icon to easily start connections from a menu
- Context menu on tray icon to show active connections
- Save active connections in a session and easily restore the session by a click on a menu item
- Copy/Cut/Paste connections in main form.
- Fast connection start double clicking on the connection row
- All password are saved with kwallet
- Supports preinit and postend scripts for each connection
- Set custom arguments
- Create connections template to reuse for creation of new connections
That's all folks!